Digital Collections Developer (BTAT), Digital Library Initiatives, #00060365
North Carolina State University
Raleigh, North Carolina
Essential Job Duties
- Works as part of a team to develop applications to make rare and unique materials accessible and to preserve digital resources for the future.
- Provides general application development and digital library project support for digital repository, digital collections, and web applications.
- Provides application development and maintenance support for the university Electronic Thesis and Dissertation (ETD) administration system.
- Serve on Digital Library Initiatives project teams focused on use of emerging technologies to develop new library services.
Associate’s Degree in Computer Programming; or Bachelor’s Degree with nine credit hours in programming; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
- Demonstrated server-side application development experience with one or more open source programming languages such as Ruby, PHP, or Python
- SQL and database development skills
- Project management, time-management, and organizational skills
- Very good written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to meet high service standards in all interactions
- Demonstrated interest in and ability to learn new skills and technologies
- Interest in digital libraries
See full vacancy announcement with application instructions at https://jobs.ncsu.edu/postings/11303
Review of applications is underway; position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
AA/OEO. NC State welcomes all persons without regard to sexual orientation. For ADA accommodations, please call (919) 515-3148.
- Job Type:
- Job URL:
- Page Views:
- Jason Ronallo