Curator, Corporate Heritage
- Develop, execute and evaluate the strategic vision and priorities for collecting materials of permanent value to OCLC.
- Develop written policy statements and procedural guidelines for the collection, including access to and use of both public and confidential materials. Monitor and provide reports on the use of collection.
- Assure access to records in compliance with ISO 9001.
- Create metadata to provide access to items and collections and prepare document descriptions and finding aids for use of collections.
- Coordinate corporate records retention policies with other areas (e.g., Finance, Legal, Human Resources, and Marketing).
- Promote the use and understanding of the collections and communicate the value of corporate heritage for public relations and pro bono activities of OCLC.
- Coordinate access to OCLC’s digital assets through the top level of the OCLC intranet, the OCLC Library web site, and the OCLC Archive.
- Back up the Electronic Resources Librarian.
- MLS from an ALA-accredited institution or other Master’s degree. Concentration in archives preferred.
- Three years’ experience in archives
- Knowledge of OCLC and its role in the history of librarianship
- Ability to create original bibliographic records in WorldCat
- Ability and desire to work in a team-based environment
- Excellent verbal, written and analytic communication skills with all levels of users
- Strong organizational skills and ability to plan and manage long-term projects
- Familiarity with integrated library systems, content management software and CONTENTdm desirable
- Job Type:
- Job URL:
- Page Views: