Web Services Developer
Boston Public Library
The Boston Public Library is accepting applications for the Web Services Developer position. The successful candidate will develop and maintain the public and staff-side web portal for a digital object repository that will be used by Massachusetts libraries, archives, historical societies, and museums to store, make discoverable, and deliver digital resources to users across the State and beyond. Competitive benefits. Salary: $62,053 - 83,770, DOQ.
* Bachelor¹s Degree in an Information Technology field from an accredited institution with a focus on programming, web development/design, and scripting languages.
* An Associate¹s Degree or higher degree in another field plus 4 years programming experience in a library setting may be substituted in lieu of Bachelor's Degree.
* Degree or coursework in Library/Information Science preferred.
* Experience working in a library environment preferred.
* A minimum of 3 years of significant experience developing and maintaining database-driven web applications.
* Thorough knowledge of and experience with web technologies including (X)HTML, DOM, CSS, XML, XSLT, and RSS.
* Experience in web programming frameworks such as JQuery, Zend, Rails, and/or other AJAX-compliant services.
* 3 years experience with relational database modeling on systems such as MySQL, Sybase ASE, and MS SQL Server.
* Demonstrated familiarity and comfort working in UNIX/Linux and Windows operating systems, related software, and basic system administration utilities.
* Significant experience working in LAMP and/or WAMP stacks, preferably on virtualized and/or cloud-computing platforms. Experience with Apache Tomcat and Geronimo desirable.
* Experience in web programming frameworks such as PHP, Rails, or Django.
* Familiarity with an object-oriented programming language such as Ruby, Python, or Java is highly desirable.
* Demonstrated project management experience.
Requirements Ability to exercise good judgment and focus on detail as required by the job
Residency Must be a resident of the City of Boston upon the first day of hire.
CORI Must successfully clear a Criminal Offenders Record Information check with the City of Boston
Complete job description and application available at: www.cityofboston.gov/OHR/careercenter.asp
Deadline for application: October 9, 2011
In compliance with Federal and State Equal Employment Laws, Equal opportunity will be afforded to all applicants regardless of race, color, sex, age, religious creed, disability, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, ex-offender status, prior psychiatric treatment or military status.
Scot Colford Web Services Manager Boston Public Library
firstname.lastname@example.org Phone 617.859.2399 Mobile 617.592.8669 Fax 617.536.7558
- Job Type:
- Page Views:
- Scot Colford