Digital Library Repository Developer
Boston Public Library Foundation
The Boston Public Library is accepting applications for the Digital Library Repository Developer position. The successful candidate will develop and maintain the core technical infrastructure for a digital object repository and library system that will be used by Massachusetts libraries, archives, historical societies, and museums to store and deliver digital resources to users across the State and beyond. Competitive benefits. Salary: $62,053 - 83,770, DOQ.
Bachelor¹s Degree in Computer Science from an accredited college or university with a focus on programming, applications development, and scripting languages. Preferred degree or coursework in Library/Information Science.
· A minimum of 4 years experience of significant development experience in an object oriented environment such as Ruby, Python, or Java.
· Strong working knowledge of XML/XSLT.
· Demonstrated familiarity with image, audio, video, and text file formats - especially as they relate to digital library standards, encoding/decoding/transcoding, and related metadata schemas.
· Demonstrated familiarity with semantic web/RDF components such as SPARQL, FOAF, and OWL.
· Demonstrated familiarity and comfort working with various operating systems such as UNIX/Linux, Windows, and Mac OSX.
· Significant experience working in LAMP and/or WAMP stacks, preferably on virtualized and/or cloud-computing platforms.
· Experience with open-source repository systems such as Fedora, Greenstone, or D-Space and affiliated projects and service providers such as Hydra, Islandora, and Duraspace.
· Demonstrated project management experience.
REQUIREMENTS Ability to exercise good judgment and focus on detail as required by the job
RESIDENCY Must be a resident of the City of Boston upon the first day of hire.
CORI Must successfully clear a Criminal Offenders Record Information check with the City of Boston
Complete job description and application available at: www.cityofboston.gov/OHR/careercenter.asp DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: October 9, 2011
In compliance with Federal and State Equal Employment Laws, Equal opportunity will be afforded to all applicants regardless of race, color, sex, age, religious creed, disability, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, ex-offender status, prior psychiatric treatment or military status.
Scot Colford Web Services Manager Boston Public Library
firstname.lastname@example.org Phone 617.859.2399 Mobile 617.592.8669 Fax 617.536.7558
- Job Type:
- Page Views:
- Scot Colford